Hardwood flooring is a beautiful and timeless selection for residential spaces. Today there are a plethora of choices and it can be difficult to decide which one is the right fit for your home. Quality and price are two obvious factors to consider. Here are some pros and cons for choosing hardwood flooring.
- A beautiful choice that creates warmth in the room
- Can be repaired by sanding or refinishing out imperfections
- Depending on the species, hardwood can be more durable and can last longer than laminate flooring
- Hardwood is generally more expensive than laminate flooring.
- Hardwoods and exotic woods may fade in direct sunlight due to it being a natural product
- Hardwoods are susceptible to scratches and damaged by moisture if not properly treated
When choosing your flooring be realistic about your lifestyle and evaluate your needs. If you have pets, young kids, or a high traffic area choose durability over material. Hardwood flooring brings warmth, comfort and aesthetic appeal to the home. Anna Ione Interiors has partnered with Rite-loom flooring to help clients make the best choice for wood, or laminate LVT flooring. Please contact us to schedule a time to come by the showroom and see all of the Hardwood options!