One of the best ways to freshen up a room is to update your window treatments. The entire mood of the room can be transformed by the type of window treatments you choose. Today I will review two different categories of window treatments: hard and soft.
Hard window treatments are primarily made of wood, vinyl, composite, grass cloth or woven polyester.
Examples of hard window treatments are:
- Honeycomb or Cellular Shades
Soft window treatments are primarily made of fabric.
Examples of soft window treatments are:
- Drapery & Curtains
- Top Treatments such as: Valances, Cornices and Swags
* There are some treatments, such as Roman Shades, which are “cross-over” treatments. They have features of both hard and soft treatments.
You may be wondering: Can you have a hard treatment and soft treatment on the same window?
The answer is, Yes!
Whether you are looking for a simple window solution or an elegant addition to your room, Anna Ione Interiors can help your vision come to life. We have state-of-the-art graphic design software that will show you a variety of options for your windows!
Tell us what you think!
- What is your favorite window treatment style?
- Do you have any questions about hard or soft window treatments?
- Please share your thoughts with us, we love your feedback.
Thanks for reading!